Current Job Openings
Certified Therapeutic Riding Instructor (CTRI) Job Description
Job Title: Certified Therapeutic Riding Instructor (CTRI)
Salary: $39/lesson and $13/hour (for volunteer training)
Pay period: Per Contract Workers Calendar
Medical reimbursement: None
Position Category: Contracted and Scheduled
Position Details: EATSF is seeking an energetic and educated individual to teach mounted and unmounted programming to children and adults with special needs.
Scope of Work: Plan, deliver, document, and maintain reports for effective, professional, and high- quality therapeutic riding lessons and/or unmounted horsemanship lessons.
Reports to: Program Operations Director (POD)
- Attend prescheduled orientation and training on EATSF lesson standards
- Attend instructor meetings and/or programmatic meetings, as needed or assigned.
- Instruct assigned participants to the highest standards of PATH International and EATSF.
- Oversee cleanup of arena, tack room, teaching props, and office area after lessons are completed.
- Maintain lesson plans, weekly progress notes, and an annual rubric for each participant taught, as well as a horse usage log.
- Manage and educate lesson volunteers assigned on safety and best practices.
- Assist in the provision of volunteer training when needed.
- Read, sign, and adhere to EATSF Code of Conduct.
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
- Current and appropriate certification by PATH International.
- Current CPR/First Aid.
- Experience teaching beginner group lessons, both mounted and unmounted.
- Working knowledge of horses and horse behavior.
- Ability to ride and instruct at all gaits.
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Add "CTRI" to the subject line. No phone calls, please.