We rely on nearly 300 volunteers to help with classes, assist with our events and care for our horses. Our dedicated volunteers help us provide premier therapeutic services.
There are so many places that you can help – in the program, in the barn or in the office – your talents are needed! See below to see what you need to begin:
- Visit our online calendar to see when EATSF is hosting the next “New Volunteer Orientation.”
- RSVP for the orientation by clicking here, or by calling 954-974-2007.
- Click here to download, complete and sign our “Volunteer Application” and input your availability into the form.
- Our Volunteer Coordinator does run a background check – which includes the Florida Sexual Offenders Registry.
- After the orientation, you will then attend the “Intro Training,” which details how to sidewalk.
- We ask all volunteers to commit to at least 2 hours per week for a full session. This helps maintain consistency for our students. While we understand that life happens, the student that you are matched with will ask about you. Your absence can impact the quality of the lesson that is being provided.
- If you are interested in becoming a horse handler, please speak with our Volunteer Coordinator for more details.
- We are glad to have you back! Volunteer paperwork is renewed each year.
- Click here to download, complete, and sign our “Volunteer Application” and input your availability into the form.
Be sure to speak with our Volunteer Coordinator about the different needs that are outside of our typical program activities.